Sure! Hit the heart :-)
Joli’s for inexpensive materials! It’s probably 98% complete. Visit the P. Noval branch (this one is meant for Fine Arts and Archi students talaga, since the other shop along Legarda I think, has materials for eng’g students) It’s across UST, near Starbucks.
Deovir, an option needed when you want to buy some place near. SM North branch! It’s more expensive than Joli’s but cheaper than National Bookstore.
Wellmansons (at Villalobos Street, Quiapo) for your DIY, accessories and arts and crafts needs!
Hope this helps :-)
Random places! Most are from articles, instagram photos or Tumblr posts. I probably have over 1000 photos worth of pegs and inspiration pictures in my laptop and phone :))
DSLR lens for practical reasons (you will use this more often and it’s way cheaper to maintain)
Polaroid / Instax for sentimental reasons (it’s a different sensation, seeing things in an analog way, yet it’s more expensive, so we have the mentality that each shot should be worth the money)
Hey there :-)
First of all, thank you so much!
Like how I mentioned it on my About page, I use a Nikon D5100. I’ve been asked this question many times, what camera’s good for beginners. I always answer start with film photography. I swear, it will really help you develop your eye.
Then again, it all depends on why do you want this camera. Do you want to take artistic photos and hold actual shoots? Or maybe you want to document events in your life, beautifully? Etc. etc.
Case in point, I picked D5100 because it has good ISO options, it shoots well in low light. I want to develop my event photography skillzszsz. I was fortunate enough to borrow my friends’ cameras and have learned my way through (plus knowledge on film), before I bought my first DSLR.
Now if you’re a beginner, I recommend Canon. It’s far less complicated than Nikon (with controls and stuff, plus the interface is user-friendly and easy to understand). Not sure which model specifically.
Just ask more questions, if you want. The question is still pretty vague so not sure if my answer is sufficient. Heeeheee. Good luck! :-)
So here’s a basic list, with tips! I’m not sure if it’s the same one with other universities, since we are ~*UP*~ we were taught to opt for inexpensive materials, which are also good investments.
1. Make sure you own a nice bed.
2. Sleep in it frequently.
3. Remember how nice it feels to flip over your pillow to the cooler side.
4. Check your pulse and hum along to the rhythm because it is music.
5. Write clear and make a lot of spelling errors. Get the poison out and don’t worry about it being neat.
6. If you can, do not shut people out. You will have good days and they should see them.
7. If you feel overwhelmed, go outside and scream. Find a nice empty park in the middle of the night and scream as loud as you can until your throat is bleeding. The world wants to hear you.
8. Let yourself fall in love. Believe it or not, there are people out there who want your blacks and blues.
9. Keep waking up.
10. Keep waking up.
11. Keep waking up. Maybe with someone next to you.”
— tips on how to keep going (via fawun)